Ice Cream Cakes
Ice cream cakes have become a very popular dessert choice at special events, especially birthday parties. It is common to serve both ice cream and cake at a birthday party, so combine them and offer an ice cream cake!
Many bakeries and ice cream shops offer ice cream cakes, but you can also make them at home. If you want to make an ice cream cake for an upcoming event, you can follow this recipe:
3 round cake pans
1 gallon of ice cream
1 pint heavy whipping cream
1) First purchase the type of cake mix and ice cream you wish to prepare.
2) The first thing you need to do is create the mold for the ice cream. Allow the ice cream to slightly thaw first to make it easier to work with. Line one of the round cake pans with wax paper and fill it with ice cream. Flatten out the ice cream, and once you are done, cover it with plastic wrap and place it in the freezer for a few hours to re-freeze it.
3) Now you can prepare the cake. Preheat the oven (most likely to 350 degrees) and begin to mix the ingredients of the cake mix. Place the mix into the remaining two cake pans. Place the cake into the oven, and once you can insert a toothpick into it and nothing gooey sticks, the cake is done. When the time comes, take the cake out of the oven and cool it on wire racks.
4) While the cake cools, you can prepare the whipped cream. Put the heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and sugar into a bowl. Use a mixer to make the whipped cream. Once the mix is whipped you should place it in the fridge to cool.
5) Now it is time to assemble the ice cream cake. Take one of the cakes out of the pans and place it on a platter. Then take the frozen ice cream out of its pan and place it on top of the cake. Next, place the other cake on top of the ice cream. Lastly ice the cake with the whipped cream!
Give your guests a great dessert at your next even with an ice cream cake. They will enjoy the delicious combination of ice cream and cake!