Making Ice Cream Cakes
Cake and ice cream is a winning combination. Making an ice cream cake may seem like a daunting task, but it can be simple and done right at home.
Look online and it won't take you long to find several recipes for ice cream cake. Many of the recipes use basic ingredients found in most kitchens. We're talking about things like flour, eggs, sugar, baking soda, whipping cream and ice cream. Ice cream is an important ingredient.
You can choose different kinds of cakes. Sponge cake works very well as the cake of an ice cream cake because it tends to be a little denser. This is likely why many Baked Alaska recipes call for sponge cake.
Then there is the ice cream. What flavor to choose? It's a good question. The "go-to" flavor in these types of desserts tends to be vanilla, but there is no rulebook. Black raspberry or double-chocolate chip are perfectly acceptable.
Have a plan before you start creating your ice cream cake. Does hot fudge sound good? Make sure you have some on hand.
Remember that the shape of the cake will depend on the type of dish you use for a cake. A casserole dish is ok, as is a pie dish. Just remember that using a casserole dish likely means a bigger cake.
Of course, if you'd like to live delicious ice cream desserts to the pros, you can always head down to Praline's and try one of the delicious ice cream pies.
Ice Cream Services
- A Little Milkshake History
- America's Favorite Ice Cream Toppings
- Blending Coffee and Ice Cream
- Chasing Ice Cream Excellence
- Giving the Gift of Ice Cream
- History of the Banana Split
- Ice Cream in Winter
- Ice Cream Shops in CT
- Ice Cream Store Supplies in CT
- Is There Gluten in Ice Cream?
- Ice Cream's Natural Flavoring
- Making Ice Cream Cakes
- Natural Sweeteners in Ice Cream
- Root Beer & Ice Cream
- Should You Open a Praline's Franchise
- Sprinkles or Jimmies
- Starting an Ice Cream Parlor Franchise Location in Connecticut
- Summer Fruit & Ice Cream
- Summer Ice Cream Ideas
- The Delicious Combination of Fruit & Ice Cream
- The Evolution of Ice Cream Machines
- The Future of Ice Cream
- The Historical Flavors of Ice Cream
- The History of the Ice Cream Float
- The Importance of Butterfat in Ice Cream
- What is Dulce de Leche?
- What is Our Favorite Ice Cream Flavor?
- Who Put Eggs in Ice Cream?
- Why Ice Cream Variety is a Good Thing
- Why is Vanilla Popular?
- Why Milk Fat is Important for Ice Cream
Read More > Flavors & Types